Wednesday, August 12, 2009

6 BEARS?!?!















This one's for all my Farkel folk out there. My friend Rachel rolled herself a whopping 3000 points, in what turned out to be a historical Farkel match. I KNOW. We were shocked too.















Have our good Farkel founders ever seen such a feat? Has Rachel just proudly made her way into a Farkel (Bear Lake edition, mind you) Hall of Fame? I think so. Hats off you to, Rach. Well done, well done. If you choose to traipse throughout the country giving motivational speeches, I'd make a great agent. Plus, I may or may not be able to hook you up with a sweet RV. Just sayin.'

However, here's the part where I tell you all that I still won, despite that stunning 6-of-a-kind stunt. Now, I would usually dub this an overboard idea, but this particular game could have used a commentator. It was that intense. In a staggering turn of events, I, Season, emerged from third place to beat the tied scores of Rachel and Tom by a mere 50 points on my very last roll. (And here's the part where I leave a smug little sentence to tell you that Tom still hasn't beat me.)























We had loads of fun spending the day with Rachel and her husband Nate. In addition to the Farkelfest-of-the-century, we went excavating at the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point, mini golfing, and Star Trekking. At the dollar theater. Here's the highlights:














Gosh, I can hardly tell the difference between us and Rexxie back there.















The evolution of man. Or, I guess in this case, the evolution of a Season.



















I'm pretty sure this picture is as self-explanatory as they come.



















Should you ever encounter a fierce dinosaur, Tom's method will probably be most effective for you.















You can always count on a boy to ruin a "super-cute," posed, and otherwise adorable mini golfing photo opportunity.















Rachel made us a divine dessert. It was either called a ca-boo-key, a pa-zoo-key, or a cha-luke-ey. Not important. It was an enormous cookie covered in ice cream goodness. 

6 comments:

thekerrclan said...

Looks like fun -- Tom is quite the photogenic man.

How goes the gnat problem? Mine are still raging - despite the vinegar (I ran out) and baking soda attempt. Serious detective work did discover a rotting apple in the basement garbage however. I'm hopeful this might solve our problem. (My plants would like to come back inside.)

Mad Hadder said...

I'm speechless. Reminds me of the time in Omaha that one of my students rolled pigs that stood on each others' backs in Pigmania! If there IS a Farkel Hall of Fame, this should be just inside the door, and if there ISN'T one perhaps some of our land here could be dedicated to such a venture. Right next to the miniature golf.

Mad Hadder said...

Anybody need Farkel? A steal at a mere $8--proceeds used to educate the poor and destitute of Idaho.

Tracy Giles said...

Wow, 6 bears! That's crazy! I love the evolution of Season picture. It's very interesting to see how you have developed over time.

Shelly said...

Six of a kind and all bears, no less! A-MAZE-ing!! (just a little inside joke there for ya, Season--get it?) Fun pictures and fun designs, too! Got your card, you are very sweet and classy, might I add.

Taggart said...

The odds of rolling six bears is 1 in 46656 rolls. Given the number of people that play Farkle, I am guessing that this has happened before, but truly remarkable non-the-less. Ask Tom if he remembers when I got 1000 aces in Pinocle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails