Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend portraits
























Taking notes during General Conference. Clara's got herself a set of post-its, hiding just below the pillows.  I take notes to ensure that I stay awake. Because sometimes those apostolic voices are just soooooo sooooooooooothing. Sometimes (especially during the afternoon sessions) I have to pull out the munchies along with taking notes. We do what we've got to do, right?

And how sweet was Elder Scott's talk? Boy howdy was it teary-eyed in Season's corner of the couch. I am SO my mother.
(That's not a bad thing, mom.)

*****



































Yes, Tom's head of hair IS as comfy as it looks. These two have been nonstop clowns all weekend. The giggles—oh the giggles! And do you like Clara's little kick of the leg for an optical-illusion-y type effect? She's big into kicking her feet up just milliseconds before a picture is snapped, the little ham. I say "big into" because she's done it once before so I figure that warrants the claim that it's a "thing." That's she's "into." Oh, forget it. I'll just prove it to you.



























See? That there appendage popped up the moment before said picture was taken. Ham in the making, mark my words. (I'm thinking this picture has "Christmas card" written all over it, no?) (This picture is not from this weekend—does that make my title a lie?)

*****
























And here we have our Sunday evening, where you'll find me, still in my pj's, making dinner and Clara getting ready for bed with her nightly hop-in-the-dishwasher routine. (Note: That's not a real routine but I wonder what it would entail if it was?) This picture should have been preceded with a WARNING: FRUMPY BUM-SHOT OF SEASON—IMAGE MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR ALL AUDIENCES disclaimer. So my apologies that it wasn't. As you can see, Clara is equally disturbed. But regardless of the over-abundance of frump and bum on my part, I still thought it was a funny picture. Tom Thomas, from day one with this little progeny of ours, has had this thing with setting her in weird places. When she was a newborn I would always catch him trying to put her in the the fruit bowl, which sounds a little Anne Geddes-like, but I can assure you that it was not. He just gets a total kick out of setting her in odd spots. Like suitcases. And pots. And mixing bowls. And laundry baskets. Oh, and then there was the cardboard box. On second thought, perhaps he and Anne Geddes would really get along?

Well anyway, I don't think I can top a frumpy bum shot, so I'll leave you with it. It's such a gem anyway.

I hope that your weekend was as gloriously relaxing as ours.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

That Tom! Always up for a good laugh. You guys have so much fun at your house. Clara is getting sooooo cute as her personality emerges and she nears her 1ST BIRTHDAY!!! Oh, and your frumpy bum is 99% pj bottoms. Unlike mine lately which fills 'em out completely!

Kris said...

Little Munchkin is getting cuter by the minute!

thekerrclan said...

Is it just me...or does Clara not seem to be totally diggin the dishwasher seat? I might be misinterpreting her look. I love the first picture where she is totally learning to take notes during conference...that SO beats fighting during conference. Of course...give it a few years...and add a sibling or two...and it might change...maybe...hopefully not for your sake.

Tracy Giles said...

Our last venture to Toys R Us included me riding a scooter down one of the isles, resulting in a look of utter embarrassment from Tag. Maybe he just needs to go with Tom. I'm so jealous he gets to see you tomorrow night :( Wish I could be there too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails