Sunday, June 12, 2011

Weekly Giles Update: Volume 2,000,000



































The following assortment of words may or may not be loaded with pictures of a certain Clara. And it may or may not drone on with little details about this certain Clara. Because I mean really. What else is this blog good for?

Tom Thomas and I predict we'll have a walker by July 14th, 12 p.m. on the dot. (I just made that up on the spot.) (Which rhymes with dot, in case you didn't catch it.) And by walker, I mean a teensy 18 pound biped, not the handy device for 80-year-olds. She pulls up on everything and I tell you what. If it's not just the cutest thing to see those little muscles shake while she's workin'. (I'm actually referring to me. See below, please.)

Our 20-Second-Fitness morning routine.

























Now that she can stand tall, she's about a billion times more effective in wreaking havoc and destruction. I leave the girl for 35 seconds. 35 seconds!

What's this? An upgrade in pigtails? Shucks, we're just full of surprises.



































The past few days, weeks, whathaveyou, have been just perfect. I'm pleased to announce that Utah County wins the prestigious and highly sought-after "Most Excellent Weather on the Planet for the Past Few Days, Weeks, Whathaveyou" award. On behalf of Utah County, I'd like to say thank you to mother nature, and better luck next time to all the other locations on the planet that did not win.

We've spent lovely afternoon hours outside, Clara all doused in sunscreen and donning flip flops. Much to my surprise, she totally digs her flip flops. Cries when they come off. When I bought them I never actually expected her to wear them. Shoot, I only bought them 'cause they were miniature and I've got it bad for miniature things. (Have we ever discussed this, blogdom? How I get downright weak in the knees whenever I see something that should be normal sized but it's miniature instead? Oh good heavens.)



She's got her "down-to-business" fruit snack face on.















































This was while we walked alongside the raging Provo River and took a break to indulge in our Toy Story fruit snacks. Then we continued along, engaging in the most interesting conversation wherein we took turns exclaiming "ooooOOOOOOooooo" and "aaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaa." Riveting discussions just fill our days.

But wait! There's more! Clara's a big believer in the Mowgli method.

On her way to visit the neighbors.






























Need another visual? Sure thing.















All together now: Hup 2, 3, 4, Keep it up! 2, 3, 4....



Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Great post. I always love being updated on what she is doing. Look at you doing your push ups. I feel like a slacker.

Joanna said...

I had a good laugh over Clara's Mowgli pose! Hahaha it seems so uncomfortable! Also, I think Jack still has a DVD of Tom's. He'll be home in three weeks, we'll have to get together once he gets back!

Shelly said...

Clara sports those flip flops and pig tails like the best of 'em. Super adorable, that little niece of mine.

thekerrclan said...

I love the picture with her flip-flops. We just got Cambrie some...because she continually wears the other girls. She now wants to sleep in her "fip-fops" and asks for them upon waking...Surely a podiatrist's nightmare.

Courtney said...

I saw a miniature bottle of motor oil while I was at the auto store the other day. That should not be so cute, and I will probably hear about this, but it was cute. ;) I love reading your blog and seeing the fun adventures in your lives. Clara's flip flops and pig tails
are adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails