Sunday, June 3, 2012

Please note: "Highlight" is used quite loosely here.

Oh, just Tom and Clara bein' Tom and Clara...



































Tonight I tried out a new recipe from Pinterest and it was disgusting. (It was probably an error on my end.) Fortunately I had also made cookies—so we pretty much just had cookies for dinner. It got me thinking. Why don't we do cookies for dinner more often? No one complained.

Another highlight of the day is that I was stuck sitting behind a deacon with a severe B.O. problem during sacrament meeting. But on the bright side—at least our ward has deacons.

I also got a new calling today. I'll narrow it down for you: not Bishop. Oh fine, I'll just tell you: I'm in charge of the sacrament meeting program (bulletin) and the monthly newsletter and calendar. I'm pleased to admit, that as a graphic designer, this is pretty much my dream calling. I'm not kidding. I've always wanted it. Always. Because sometimes a girl can just cringe her heart out when she looks at ward newsletters with horrible white space and 25 different script fonts. Really, all I want to do is make the world a better place by being in charge of every newsletter on the planet. Anywhovilles, I think maybe I'll start out with a bang by making next week's program a 3-fold, full-bleed brochure. Just kidding. (Mostly.)

In other news, Clara seems to think she's above napping these days. She's good to stay in her room, but she uses that time to dump out every single toy she owns and make floor murals with them. She's always so pleased with herself too. Whenever I come in to "collect" her, she proudly states: "Mess!" I even thought I'd outsmart her by locking up a bunch of toys in her closet, but somehow more seemed to materialize out of thin air, and the mess was just as big. And good heavens by about 5:00 it's quite apparent that she should not be skipping naps yet. It's been resulting in a lot more crackin' of the whip and time outs and what not and often I feel like I'm being such a jerk, 'cause I mean, she's only just barely two, ya' know? And then shoot, other times she can be such a gosh-darn adoracute doll that it makes me love being a mom more than anything in this universe. Raising kids is just a bowl full of bipolar, isn't it?



































....Believe it or not, those are the only highlights I can think of for my past week. It's been a little dull and lame and lonely around here (said in a woebegone tone). Will someone come visit me? I'll provide the cookies for dinner.

But wait! One more. We also bought a new bookshelf. This is a pretty lame in and of itself, until I mention how Tom put it on his skateboard and wheeled it from his car to the elevator and into our apartment (it's a wee bit heavy, this one.) And then suddenly such hum-drum news becomes super exciting, right? Tom has utilized the skateboard method before with heavy objects. I'll admit, I was skeptical about it—but it's actually a method that works pretty effectively. Plus, did you know our place had an elevator? I know, I know. We're so posh.

Anyway. That'll be all. I need to excuse myself to go rummage through the kitchen, 'cause homegirl's hungry.

9 comments:

Tracy Giles said...

Oh, nap time. I can't live without it. We've been cracking the whip as well. Lucy looks so funny in time out. She looks too little to be sitting on her bed in trouble, but it seems to be working (sometimes). Maybe I'll make cookies for dinner tomorrow. That sounds good. Congrats on the new calling :)

kittens said...

Haha, oh boyz, you homegirl iz funny! I loved the bipolar comment, and pretty much everything. Love bunny's face in the top photo. Can I come over and visit and eat cookies for dinner? I love cookies, and you guys as well. Also, we need to Scera pool it up. I've been dying to get in line for the diving boards with all the six year olds. I should probably just email you instead of writing all this on a blog comment. When I visit can I ride the elevator and use the skateboard?

Stacie Couch said...

motherhood = a bowl full of bipolar. I am going to have to put that quote on my fridge because it is so true! Why don't children love naps? I know if I were given an allotted amount of time every day for napping I would jump on that in a heartbeat! They don't know how good they've got it.

Shelly said...

Seas, all I can say is I just wish I was in your ward. I'd be looking forward to every week to see what the ward bulletin would bring!
homegirl...good one :o)

Sadie said...

I wish I could take over my ward's bulletin as well. It currently doesn't have any spacing between lines of the sacrament meeting program. I just try not to look at it after I know the gist of what's going on.

Katie said...

I kind of love everything about this post. The ward newsletter, motherhood being a bowl of bipolar, cookies for dinner, skateboards for heavy things. Everything.

(and when I was preggo and James thought about not napping, I would just climb on in bed with him until he (or both of us) would fall asleep, it worked pretty well to get him back on a schedule. GOOD LUCK!)

Kris said...

Boy, your ward won't know what hit them when they see the next bulletin! Each week will be a real treat! I know, 'cause I've seen your work!
Loved your comments about motherhood= bowlful of bipolar. True, that! Love you Sweet Girl....hang in there. No one I know has been pregnant forever.......

Taggart said...

I think you should do a giant word search puzzle on your bulletin, so people would have to work to find out who was speaking that day.

beck said...

Such a great post. I wish I could come visit you guys! That bipolar comment helped me remember I am not alone! Thanks! Oh and I saw preggo long shorts at Ross and totally thought of your post about that...haha

Related Posts with Thumbnails