Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yes, I'll gladly give you a tour

It's probably just because it's my very first time, and place, that I've been able to call my own...but I have a high love for our apartment. I've had a wonderful time playing "interior decorator" when Tom goes off to work. And here's where I will give credit to all the charitable people in my life: about 75% of our home's interior was made possible by incredibly generous wedding presents and gift cards. We are very thankful for that. So anyway, like a mom that proudly presents pictures of her new born baby...I proudly present: my apartment.
















Our living room, with Dad's old TV. The ordeal we went through to get that beast of a thing on the little stand was really quite laughable.
















Here's our dining room. The table is one of our more recent purchases—for the first little while of our marriage we ate our meals on the floor. And although we were excited to have a table to sit at, there was something quite enjoyable about our floor picnics.




















Our kitchen is really only big enough for one person at a time. It's a little more on the yellowish-orangish side than I would like, but what can you do? One nice thing about a small kitchen is that it makes for a quick cleaning session. No complaints about that.
















Our office is a bit on the busy side.  And yes, that's three computers in a row.  And don't worry, we have one more too, not pictured. We could open a calling center! The computer in the middle is one we plan to sell, eventually. But we're keeping it around for now because it has Microsoft Word, and the other two surrounding it do not.  The lap top on the right I purchased a few weeks before I lost my job. And the Mac on the left—well, that's actually a funny story.  Basically, my work gave me that computer scot free. And I've got a great system of using all three at the same time, however it does sometimes get confusing with three mouses and three different keyboards involved.
















And here's our Ikea bed. The little mask in the middle is something we bought at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii. And the two little items popping up above the pillows on either side are sheep. They've become an integral part of our home—we have sheep wars at least twice a week, sometimes more.

10 comments:

thekerrclan said...

I might be scared to hop into bed with that little "creature." I can't wait to hear the story about the sheep....there's a blog for another day, right?

Audra said...

Very cute apartment! Do your bed companions keep you company at night? I am very impressed with your computer set-up! We have about the same amount of computers!

Tracy Giles said...

I love your apartment. I could definitely use your help on decorating my place. Next time you guys come out I might bug you for fashion tips. I'm so excited you have a blog now. Are we still going to Moab in the Spring?

Mitzi said...

Cute apartment, and I love that table! Maybe your job search should take you to the interior designer realm.... it would be REALLY fun to decorate using someone else's money, huh?

rachel said...

Super cute apartement!! I'm glad you started a blog!
The sheep crack me up.

Unknown said...

Very cute apt Seaz! And I love this book that you're making out of your emails. What a creative lil G-ma you are :)

Rachel said...

Season you really are one of a kind even if you have joined the crowd in blogging. I love your apartment. You have done an excellent job! Tom is lucky to have you. I love the book too, you have been blessed with extra free time and are using it well. Love you and miss you!

Mad Hadder said...

I'm oogling Charlie's sheep collection, so beware when we come there! Your place looks so very chic. You've made it look so great! You're an artist.

Unknown said...

Season-
Welcome to the blogging world:) How are you? Have you found a job yet? I hope life is treating you great!

Tom Giles said...

whoa neat house seaz. wanna have a sleep over?

Related Posts with Thumbnails