Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We're having a miniature one of these:

















Or, in other words: a girl! A female, damsel, mademoiselle.

A little miss giles.

Here she is:


















She was sufficiently wiggly during her photoshoot—which is probably to be expected if you're an offspring of Season and Tom. I thought it was especially cool to see all the movement while feeling it at the same time.

In light of such exciting news, I'd like to present a compilation of desirable traits—held by Tom Thomas and I—that I sure hope we pass along. We'll call it "Inheritable Hopefuls." Without further ado:

Tom's ability to make at least 23 more facial expressions than the average human being. (Three samples of many.)








My impeccable color-matching skills.
Tom's (and I quote) "outstanding coordination."
My darling toes. (Please note the phalanges on the left. Tom's foot is on the right.)


















Tom's sense of adventure, adaptability, and amusement.
My mad dance skills. (Sorry, no picture available.)

That's really all. Whew. That took all day to think of.

Cheerio!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my dear G-ma and Tom Thomas, I am so excited for you! This is going to be one stylin', hip lil girl! May she have a soft spot for wooden dentures and guys that look good in leather.

Audra said...

Congratulations!! Having a girl is so much fun! Having a boy is fun too but you'll love having a girl!

V said...

Congratulations Season and Tom Thomas! I am so excited for you!

beck said...

SO EXCITING! Congrats again, and I'm so happy for you two. Knowing the gender just makes it even more fun and "real" for you! That baby is one lucky GIRL, with parents like you guys. Such a blast! YAY!

Julie said...

Hi! Just dropping in to let you know I'm here! Not blogstalking! =)

Congrats on the mini you! I'm due only 2 days after you...crazy. Girls are awesome!

SSToone said...

Congrats! Girls are great! Very exciting stuff right there.

Mad Hadder said...

Ask Thomas about the finger thing. It's time. I hope she has your panache and Thomas' paperboy abilities.

Mad Hadder said...

Oh, and your hair. I'll start knitting hats--just in case it goes the other way...Let's start writing down all these word verification random letters--I think there's a name for her lurking there. For instance--Filpagge.

Katie said...

that is so very exciting! Congratulations! There are so many cute baby girl clothes, you have much shopping to do... :)

Tracy Giles said...

After I talked to you yesterday morning, I went and told Lily the big news. All day she kept calling your baby her "sister - cousin". I think she was saying sister because that was the only way she could think to say the baby is going to be a girl cousin. I'm worried she is going to tell someone that she is getting a "sister - cousin" and some very interesting rumors might start to circulate about our family! Don't worry though, I've been trying to explain to her that the baby is just a cousin not a sister. Kids say the funniest things! Anyway, Congratulations! Let the shopping begin! We are so excited that there is finally another baby girl in the family!!! Yippee!!!

April Garvin said...

Congrats!!! Girls are so fun!!!! I am so excited for you

Shelly said...

I love that you've picked out "hopefuls" for your little girl to inherit. What a neat idea. To be honest, I thought it was going to be a boy. But that's all moot now! I'm very excited and a tad jealous of you. I'm sure girls are a bundle of fun. That sure is one lucky gal.

thekerrclan said...

You already know how I feel - but I felt it was necessary to comment on your blogspace as well. Hooray for the newest female addition. I love the picture - she cooperated well for her profile pic. So fun!

Chris and Shani said...

Season, you are so cute! I am so excited for you. She can be Brighton's GF

Holly said...

Yea!! Congrats, I am sure she is going to be ADORABLE!!

lyndsey said...

woo hoo!! a girl! congrats. can you rub some of that estrogen off on me? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails