Sunday, November 29, 2009

Postlude

This weekend, while visiting my dear home in Las Vegas, I really outdid myself and took a whopping two whole pictures.

However, I think they're just enough.



































Here's a rundown on our Thanksgiving festivities:
• Added a professional touch (known as the Season Technique) to the whipped cream on the pies.
• Consumed my weight in stuffing.
• Consumed Tom's weight in mashed potatoes and turkey.
• Woke up the next morning to Mannheim Steamroller vibrating the walls from the downstairs stereo. Such is a a sign that the designated "decorating day" has begun.
• Spent a substantial and therapeutic amount of time "fluffing" Christmas trees, garland and fake snow while chatting with my mom.
• Secured myself a real-deal pregnant physique, which was undoubtedly pushed over the edge by the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Therefore: Tried on at least 85% of the maternity clothing available inside "Motherhood." The amount purchased was a significantly smaller percentage.
• Reluctantly packed up to leave yesterday evening. (Tom reluctant because it was right in the middle of the BYU—Utah game. Me reluctant because I just wasn't ready to leave.)


Semi-related blurb: Tom and I have discussed the abundant amount of pictures we've accumulated showcasing Tom in the above shirt. (View here, and here). Lest you become concerned that he never changes, I assure you that it's just a good case of happenstance.

Lesser-related blurb: After much thought and consideration, I have decided that I'd really like this baby to be a boy—or a girl. We find out Tuesday. And you'll be one of the first ones to know.

6 comments:

Brittany Creel Clinton said...

Yay! Nothin' like a Vegas Thanksgiving! We missed out on that this year. Wow, your nieces and nephews are so stinkin' cute. No doubt your little one will fit right in! I'm guessing . . . a boy!

kittens said...

I love that you either want a boy or a girl. Good choices. Either goes good with tele-tubbies.

Mad Hadder said...

Those look like jammies. Did they spend the night? Weaddababyeetsa...Birl!!!

Tracy Giles said...

I'm hoping you'll have a boy or a girl, too! Wow, we are just right on the same page :) You crack me up. I have to say that your blog is the funniest blog I read. You are such a clever writer. I really hope you write a book one day. Anyway, can't wait to see pictures of you in those new maternity clothes! I will be calling you tomorrow to find out what your bouncing baby is. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is indeed a boy or a girl. However, with Tom as the father you never know what's growing in there.

lyndsey said...

happy thanksgiving! we ended up selling our football tickets to stay an extra day and watch the game at my parents :) also can't wait to see your bump. also i have my first dr appt tomorrow! tuesdays are a good day for the doctor.

thekerrclan said...

I'm waiting on pins and needles...

Related Posts with Thumbnails