Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Announcing...
















Baby's room.

Did you think I was announcing baby?

That Season. She can be such a kidder. [Wheeze laugh].

Nope. No baby. She's not showing any signs of wanting to switch residences any time soon. Not that I blame her. She's got a soft, cushy bladder for her head and ample kicking space right in my ribs. What more could a girl want? What she doesn't realize, however, is that the view is much better from the outside.

So until then, I proceed to post baby room pictures. Considering this room used to be our designated throw-all-our-junk-into-it-and-don't-look-back room and used to look like this...














...I'm feeling pretty accomplished.



























































The table houses cute little bracelets, hair bows, and—our super fish! Nine months ago I figured they'd all be long gone and I wouldn't need to worry about fitting them in somewhere. If there's any sort of world-record to be had for long-lasting guppies, I'm pretty sure ours take it.

















I made that there valance (ask Tom how to pronounce it properly) with foam board, duct tape and a hot glue gun. No sewing! I followed this tutorial, and of course, Rachel had to practically hold my hand at JoAnns because I'm pretty much a dufus inside a fabric store.

Then, I saw this painting at Ikea, and asked Tom to make his own version of it. Not bad, yeah? We hung ours the opposite way.





































So—baby, if you're listening, we're ready for you.

As ready as we'll ever be.

15 comments:

beck said...

I need you to come get stranded at the SF airport again so you can help me get my boys' room looking that cute! Great job! Hope you are feeling ok, you're almost there!! Wahoo!!!

Unknown said...

Funny - I thought you used to work for a builder's magazine -- not pottery barn kids. So cute. You and Mitz - how did I miss out on the decorating and crafty genes? Can't wait for her arrival....sure love you!
PS - the swaying seems to be a little less. Although, tonight while playing a game (Dominion -- ever played? You guys would probably like it) Cannon said, "Man, every now and then, I feel like I am back on the ocean and I can't stop moving." Me too.

Unknown said...

Ooops -- I guess since I am on Greg's computer - I am signed on as Greg. I'm betting you figured out it wasn't him commenting.

Tracy Giles said...

Cutest Nursery EVER!! That is so exciting to have it all done and ready! It looks great!

rachel said...

Season, your nursery is adorable! I love all the bright colors.

SSToone said...

So...... Can you like, um, decorate McKelle's new room for me?! Holy smokes girl, you're amazing! Maybe I can try that tutorial for the valance. This is amazing and just gorgeous!

Mad Hadder said...

Oh my goodness! You're a miracle worker! I love it all. Where did you get the little puppet stand?? Now I know what colors to make your Gnoggin! Every nursery needs a Watch Gnome, right. If those pictures don't pry her out, we'll have to go in blasting.

Shelly said...

Seaz, very cute! That is one lucky little gal.

lyndsey said...

holy cow way to go! it looks adorable! i am super impressed by your diy skills. you are so ready for that baby! or for a hosting gig on hgtv.

Season said...

Mad Hadder: The puppet stand is actually just a picture holder. One of my high school friends gave it to me years ago when we graduated. The other side of the wooden base says "Friends" in a cheesy font—so I just turned it the other way.

And Stephanie: The valance is really easy. I had my doubts, but it was simple!

Katie said...

I am 120% jealous of your cute baby's room! I am due only a few weeks after you and if you looked into what might be my baby's room, you would probably cry because it looks so sad (sometimes, I almost do, so I keep the door closed). So many cute ideas though, I love them. You did a wonderful job!

Audra said...

So cute! Tell Thomas he should sell his paintings for $140! I love the whole room! I am jealous that you had a nursery to decorate!

Autumn said...

Wow Season, that looks really great! And I love the colors. Aside from green being my favorite, I like that you didn't go with traditional boy/girl colors.

Holly said...

I LOVE it! Looks great! That Rachel is such a pro!

V said...

I love the room! It's so cute! If the baby only knew that she had THIS waiting I'm sure she would hurry on up :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails