Saturday, April 16, 2011

On the prowl for pine cones.
























I don't know where you were today, but boy howdy was it bea-u-tiful around these parts. We got our wish! Thanks, mother nature. Actually, do you know what? I have this theory, and I've had it for some time, that my blog is magical. Now, I'd love to tell you more about this theory, but I don't dare. That could ruin the spell. It's not in my nature to be mysterious, but I can't talk about it and I can't talk about why.  (That was a quote from a movie. First person to guess correctly gets a high-five.)

Anyway.

The little miss was all business the minute I set her in the grass. She took off and headed every which way and that's why I took so many pictures of her bum this afternoon. Because she was too fast for me. I'd get in front of her and screeeeech! She'd slam on the breaks in a quick 180 and was off in the other direction. She was bound and determined to keep away from the camera. No time for such silliness when there's dandelions to pull apart, I s'pose.



































Occasionally she'd stop to study these things that the human world calls "pine cones." But mostly she was just on the move, with her huntin' face on. She kind of reminded me of my cat—may he rest in peace. He just kicked the can last week, after 17 years. And I'd had this theory that he was immortal. Some times my theories don't always pan out, but most of them do. Anyway, no need for formal condolences, just cards, flowers or a meal or two will do. We had a complicated relationship, Nirvana and I. (Yes, my cat's name was Nirvana.) (I don't want to talk about it.)

Anyway.

I think Clara would have inspected every blade of grass if I hadn't have dragged her back inside for her nap. Can you imagine how huge a field like this must seem to a little 17 pounder? This girl definitely came equipped with Tom Thomas' sense of adventure. I can feel it.

7 comments:

V said...

Those pictures are about the cutest thing I have ever seen! She is so adorable.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat, i feel like I should pay my respects since I met him, once. In lieu of flowers, I am sending a jar of pickles, air mail.

Mad Hadder said...

Can you even imagine what that must be like to just take off into a new frontier?? I think she inherited my love for grass on my feet--and probably every over member of the human race too. Thank heavens you don't live in Texas where the fire ants prevented Tom Thomas from learning to crawl in the grass. But he was quite whippy down the sidewalk.

Shelly said...

Wait, can you make my blog magical too??! Do you wave a want or something?

Tracy Giles said...

Great pictures of Clara. How nice that you have green grass. Ours is brown and dead. She looks like she is having a great time!

Season said...

V-ness—were you one of the many friends that Nirvana attacked? Sigh. And...can't wait to get the pickles!!

And Shelly, I'm afraid I don't have any magical blog powers. Mine just came the way it is and I just let it do its thing.

annie said...

oceans 11? do you ship high-fives up to alaska? that is one cutie-pot-pie you have on your hands

Season said...

You win, Annie! (It's actually Oceans 12 but no need for technicalities.) Your high five should arrive in 5-10 business days.

Related Posts with Thumbnails